Aeration in Regina
Getting that beautiful lawn that quickly becomes the envy of the neighborhood isn’t easy. Unfortunately, it involves more than just mowing the grass. Yet you don’t need to be told this. After all, you’ve purchased the high-priced lawn care equipment, spoken with the “experts” at your local lawn and garden center, and even spent hours watching YouTube tutorials. All of that has led you to drop fertilizer along with pre- and post-emergent on your lawn when suggested, and to follow a strict watering a mowing schedule. What have you got to show for all of that effort? A lawn that’s still teeming with weeds and marred by uneven grass coloring.
Why aren’t your lawn care efforts working? If you’re like many of the Regina clients that we here at It's Done Group work with, you’ve likely just skipped a step. You see, the only way for those lawn care elements to truly benefit your grass is to provide them with a pathway to get down to the roots. This is where aeration comes in.
Start with a Personalized Consultation
If your grass isn't growing or stubbornly maintains a dull yellow color, you may need to add aeration to your lawn maintenance list. If you don't have the appropriate tools or know-how to aerate your lawn yourself, you’ll need to contact an expert. Even if you have the tools or techniques, it’s a laborious chore that most homeowners dread doing. We’re happy to take it off your hands so that you can use your time for more pleasurable pursuits.
If you're looking for a qualified and reputable aeration expert in the Regina area, please book a consultation with us, and we'll go over your service options. Our consultation process is simple. All you need to do is contact our office, and we'll dispatch a member of our team to assess your needs. They’ll provide you with a thorough service plan that includes a breakdown of the cost estimates and the schedule. Once you agree on the service plan, your grass will be in our hands—complete with green thumbs—and we're confident you’ll be happy with the results.
Call It's Done Group now to get started on the path to healthy, green grass!
Why Aeration Is Important
If you’re not an expert in lawn care and aeration, it might be difficult to see why such a step is important for having a lush and healthy lawn. After all, isn’t green grass supposed to grow on its own?
If only it were so easy.
If you want your lawn to put your neighbour’s lawn to shame, chances are aeration is the step you most need to use. No amount of seed, fertilizer, and watering is going to replace what aeration can do. Here’s why:
- Nutrition: When you aerate your lawn, you allow vital nutrients, water, and oxygen to penetrate to the roots of your lawn. Rather than having all these important components sit uselessly on the surface, you’ll have them down where they count the most. A healthy root system is the only thing that can promote growth above the surface.
- Soil Compaction: the compaction of your soil, especially if it sees a lot of traffic to pack it down, is a horrible problem your lawn may be facing. The tighter the soil of your lawn is, the more it restricts the uptake of nutrients and water. Aeration will pull out parts of the soil, relieving this compaction, giving your roots room to breathe.
- New Growth: Aeration is especially important if you’re going to fertilize or seed your lawn. If you were to try these on the normal compacted soil, most of the seeds would sit atop the surface, never grabbing a firm root. This is the last thing that will bring out a full and lush lawn. So, if you want to cultivate new growth, the first step should always be to aerate your soil.
- Thatch management: Thatch is the layer of dead grass that will build up on the surface of your lawn, below the green. This can eventually become a very thick layer, stifling any rain, watering, or nutrients your lawn would otherwise get.
- Reduced Run-Off: If you’ve been noticing frequent puddles and run-off in your lawn, the kind that kills your grass and floods your yard, then an aerated lawn might be the solution. This sort of build-up tends to occur on yards with tightly compacted soil. If you aerate, you’ll let the water flow into the ground, providing water for the roots, instead of killing the grass on top.
These are just some of the benefits of aerating your lawn! If you are still feeling uncertain, feel free to get in contact with us today. One of our lawn care experts will be happy to speak with you.
The Aeration Process We Use for Our Regina Clients
If you’ve ever walked up on a lawn in Regina that looks like it’s full of tiny brown pellets, know first that they’re not what you think they are. Their presence means that the lawn was recently aerated using a plug aerator. Here’s how we at It's Done Group do it:
- Typically, we wait until your soil is somewhat moist, usually a day or two after it has rained. Dry ground is just more difficult to penetrate. If it hasn’t rained recently, we may ask you to water the lawn the day before we arrive.
- Using a plug aerator, we’ll make several passes across the lawn, similar to how you would with your lawn mower. With each pass, tiny soil plugs about 0.5 inches in diameter and 2-3 inches deep are pulled from lawn. These should be allowed to stay on the grass so that they can break down and continue to enrich the soil.
- Once the aeration is done, we’ll follow it up with a fertilizer and possibly an herbicide treatment. The new holes allow these additives to reach the roots of the grass, where they are absorbed and finally put in the best position to their jobs.
- You then keep up with your mowing and watering. Your mower blade will break the tiny plug pellets up and return them to the soil, while the holes also allow more water to percolate to your grasses root system, encouraging enhanced and uniform growth and color.
We here at It's Done Group recommend aerating your lawn twice a year, usually in the early spring and early fall. The spring aeration serves to help wake up the lawn after a long, dormant growth phase during winter, while the fall one helps put it to bed once the season is over.
Leave the Work to the Experts at It's Done Group
A lot of work goes into aeration, and the bigger your lot, the longer it will take. If you're tired of staring at your dead grass and equally tired of doing lawn maintenance to no avail, we have the equipment and labor force to take care of it for you. Our professional landscapers will handle all the hard work and leave your grass aerated and ready to take in the nutrients, water, and oxygen it desperately needs. Before you know it, you’ll be enjoying your new lush green grass. The only worry you’ll have is your mowing schedule keeping up with its growth!
Regina’s Most Affordable Prices for Aeration Service
When it comes to hiring out lawn care, all homeowners want to be dealing with a reputable and honest landscaping company that isn't in the business of overcharging. If you're located in Regina, you're in luck because we offer high-quality aeration work at unbeatable prices.
If you're eager to get your grass aerated and thriving, contact our office today, and we’ll offer you an affordable risk-free quote.
Experienced Aeration Landscapers
Here at It's Done Group, we've been providing top-notch yard aeration services to the residents of Regina for many years. We've grown to be a reputable and trusted landscaping company with hundreds of happy clients. When you hire us, you’ll quickly learn that we’re a team of skilled and expert landscapers prepared to provide the highest quality work. What’s more, to provide you with the best service, we're always staying up to date with current trends and best lawn care practices. Our equipment is state of the art and can tackle any job, large or small.
Don't hesitate any longer—contact us today!
Customer Focused Aeration Service
We have one goal topmost in mind with every project we work on: to provide every client with exceptional customer service. From the moment we arrive at your home for a consultation to the end of the project, we’ll keep you informed, and you’ll receive nothing less than professional, competent service. When you invite us onto your property, we’ll work within your requests and preferences and ensure you're happy in the end.
Our positive reputation in Regina speaks to our proven track record of providing exceptional customer service. Contact us now if you're ready for a company that treats you right!
Top Notch Aeration Service
Our lawn care professionals at It's Done Group are the best and most experienced in the business. When you ask us to aerate your lawn, we treat everyone with the highest degree of care. We only use only the most up-to-date lawn care equipment, and this includes our aerators.
Our top priority is to give our clients the greenest lawn they’ve dreamed of. If you think you can benefit from this, then aeration is certainly the way to go.
Give Us a Call
The blood, sweat, and tears that you’ve put into making your lawn look great needn’t be in vain. You can still create that lush layer of turf you’ve always dreamed; you simply need the right kind of support. We here at It's Done Group are happy to provide it. Just call us in as soon as spring arrives and right when fall starts approaching, and we’ll be there to aerate your lawn to prep it for its feeding. We can be reached at (306) 584-3663 or by you filling out our convenient online contact form.